The Republic of Cyprus is a country-island and the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Cyprus is an attractive destination for international businesses because of its tax regime, the high quality of finance, legal and banking services it offers, all combined with its excellent geographical location. The island is located at the crossroads of Europe, Africa and Asia.
Following the accession of Cyprus in the European Union in 2004 and the subsequent tax reform, international entrepreneurs and businesses started to choose Cyprus as their main jurisdiction from which they control and manage their businesses.
Why Cyprus? (For Tax Purposes)
- The lowest tax system as compared to other member States of the European Union, at 12.5 % on taxable profits.
- There are no thin capitalization rules in the Cyprus tax legislation.
- Favourable for Holding company jurisdiction.
- There is availability of Group losses relief without time restrictions, under certain conditions.
- No withholding tax on dividends paid to non-resident shareholders
- A mature network of double tax treaties in operation
- Cyprus does not charge any withholding tax on interest paid to non-resident receivers.
- For expatriates income tax rates are low
- No inheritance tax